Peter Wood – Director Key Essentials Investigations
Peter Wood is an expert when it comes to investigating complex operational issues or major events. He has the ability to cut through the issues and achieve a desirable and factual result.
Peter has 35 years’ experience in Queensland Ambulance Service and has managed a large mission-critical workforce, and during this time he has investigated a large number of workplace conflicts. He conducted many sensitive investigations and prepared briefs of evidence relating to staff misconduct, harassment, staff grievances, workplace bullying, Facebook/Social Media infringements and poor operational performance practices.
After initially commencing his ambulance career as an on-road Paramedic in Brisbane in 1982, Peter has worked in many leadership and management roles including District Operational Supervisor, Paramedic Training Officer, Area Manager and was the Director of the Emergency Operation Centre at Kedron in Brisbane for over 10 years. This Emergency Operation Centre is the largest in Australia and has over 170 employees. Recently Peter was tasked in the restructure of the QAS South East Queensland Patient Transport Service which has been a significant achievement for the service.
As a Queensland Ambulance Service Operational Director, Peter gained valuable experience in all areas of investigations. He is also skilled at examining complex operational events and client complaints and achieving the necessary resolutions and outcomes.
During Peter’s ambulance career he has also provided guidance to officers conducting regional inquiries, gaining contemporary skills in relation to conducting interviews with Paramedics, Emergency Medical Dispatchers, Patients, Queensland Health professionals and the general public.
Experience that Counts
- Courses and Accreditations
- Fraud and Ethics Awareness Training
- Code of Conduct Awareness for Queensland Public Service
- Code of conduct and ethical decision making
- Harassment and Workplace Bullying
- Investigation/Interview techniques and report writing
- Emergency Service Investigation Skills Course
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Management (Australia Institute of Police Management)
- Associate Diploma Applied Science (Ambulance)
- Certificate III in Investigative Services
- Licensed Investigator Queensland
- Completed the General Insurance Code of Practice course
- Ambulance Service Medal
- Long Service Medal
- National Service Medal
- Australia Day Awards